Business Structure & Working Practice
We have always traded as a partnership with confidence and full liability for our work and there are currently two partners.
If not personally on site, one of the partners always maintains a consistent watching brief over any work that we do for you, from start to finish; and can be contacted at any time to discuss progress or any related issues.
We have never and will never use sub-contract labour on our sites as we believe that there is a potential conflict of interest that could threaten our reputation for producing work of the highest standard.
We have a highly regarded and very stable work force and we have all worked together for many years, to well developed operational and reporting procedures with regularly maintained risk assessment.
Accordingly, we can offer great depth of experience and the finest artisan skill, professionally managed to work in close collaboration with clients and designers, covering all aspects of ‘hard’ and ‘soft’ landscape, always delivered on time and budget.
If it is of interest we can provide a copy of ‘Insite’, which gives more detail for potential clients regarding our working practice and procedures, but for general reference:
- Typically our working day is 8am – 4pm Monday to Friday. From experience we favour shorter more productive site hours and seldom work weekends or bank holidays. But once we start work it is continuous unless otherwise planned and agreed and we always complete it.
- Our basic necessities to conduct work are access to power and water and some storage and parking space, all arrangements for which are discussed and agreed with clients so as to minimise inconvenience during the course of works.
- We are very conscious that our working environment is peoples’ homes and so we make every effort to treat our clients’ property with the upmost respect, keeping noise, dust and the almost inevitable egress of spoil and building materials to a minimum, leaving the site of work tidy, safe and secure at the end of each day.
- We take full responsibility for all collections and deliveries and would not burden any of our clients with involvement in such activity. Accordingly, our suppliers are always requested to make deliveries and collections in the morning, preferably after 8am and never after 3.30pm, so as to ensure our presence for safe conduct of materials.
- We would usually organise any skip or materials licenses that may be required.
- And, so as to maintain general good will, we have a standard letter which we can, if considered appropriate, post to clients’ neighbours, politely informing them of impending work and our diligence to minimise any inconvenience.
For design or consultancy work we usually ask for a 50% deposit payment and the balance upon presentation.
As to commissioning our services for construction or horticultural works we would usually accept a signed copy of our quotation as sufficient good faith to confirm a booking.
We seldom take deposits for such work, preferring to demonstrate our commitment and skills prior to asking for any money, but levy stage payments throughout and/or upon practical completion, depending upon the size and scope of works.